Dining Services is committed to protecting our global and local resources and incorporating environmentally friendly and safe practices and sustainability into our dining program when operationally feasible. We are committed to providing students with healthy and nutritious food and managing our waste in a way that minimizes our impact on the environment.
Sustainability can be incorporated and achieved in many ways:
- Sourcing locally grown products
- Sourcing organically grown products
- Sourcing responsibly grown or harvested products
- Operating dining facilities in a way that:
- Saves water and energy
- Reduces packaging and recycles or composts everything from disposable dishware to food waste