Learn how the Americans with Disabilities Act is applied in employment situations. Kathy Gips from the New England ADA Center will explain the process and procedures related to employment accommodations.
This event is free and open to five college students, staff and faculty. Cleaveland Hall L1 is wheelchair accessible and the event will be captioned. Vegetarian food will be served. For any additional accommodations please submit your request by April 4 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Topics covered include:
- When is the right time to disclose a disability
- What to do if you need accommodations for the interview
- What an employer may be required to provide by way of access and accommodations
- Do academic accommodations carry over to employment
- How to know if an accommodation request is reasonable
- What types of documentation may be required for employment accommodations
- Who to turn to for help if there is an access barrier on the job
- Where to find community support