“Going Beyond Politics”
The 2019 conference will consist of workshops that focus on the topics of peer networking, professional and personal development, and leadership opportunities. Most importantly, this conference will provide a space to celebrate the lives and accomplishments of women of color. Co-sponsored by the Weissman Center for Leadership, this year’s keynote speaker(s) will include political figures and activists who are engaged in public policy.
About the Conference
The SGA Students of Color Committee prides itself in creating spaces where students can continue to question, challenge and cultivate their minds in order to advance personal growth, commitment, and social advocacy for historically underrepresented communities.
In addition, we strive to encourage open dialogues and raise consciousness about issues and intersections prevalent in modern day society regarding race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, and many more identities. We strive for these goals by continuing to open the event to all individuals. The primary audience is those who self- identify as women/girls of color across the Five Colleges (age 4 +), including faculty and staff, members of the Pioneer Valley Community, and beyond. Registration is required.
- Free for all Mount Holyoke College Students
- $10.00 for five college students, faculty and staff
- $15.00 for non five college attendees
- $8 per person for groups with 10 or more attendees
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 413-538-2550 to take advantage of the group discount.
The registration fee includes breakfast, lunch, conference swag, entrance to the POC Business Expo, and a ticket to the VIP meet-and-greet with the keynote speakers.
Call for Workshop Proposals
We are currently accepting workshop proposals for this year’s conference. Workshops should be
- intersectional to represent the diversity, backgrounds and experiences of women of color
- related to this year’s theme, or to leadership development, empowerment, identity development, community and global engagement, wellness, and life skills for women of color
If you are interested please submit the workshop proposal form no later than February 29, 2019.
People of Color Business Expo
The Business Expo will highlight businesses of color.
- All businesses/organizations that are owned by, support, and/or serve people of color are invited to participate. Vendor registration is free.
- If you are interested in participating, please complete the POC Vendor Business Expo Form by submitting the online form no later than March 29, 2019.
For more information about the conference, email email@example.com or call the Division of Student Life at 413-538-2550.
Mount Holyoke offers limited hotel and lodging on campus. Contact the Willits-Howell Conference Center.
Daniel Stebbins House (Bed and Breakfast)
25 Woodbridge Street, South Hadley, MA
Hampton Inn Hadley-Amherst
24 Bay Rd, Hadley, MA 01035
Rodeway Inn Hadley–Amherst
237 Russell St., SR 9, Hadley, MA 01035
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Amherst-Hadley
400 Russell St, Hadley, MA 01035
Howard Johnson Amherst-Hadley
Russell Street, Hadley, MA
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 413-538-2550 if you have other questions.