Built in 1897, Brigham Hall the first building to be completed after the Seminary fire was named for Mary Brigham, a former Seminary teacher who was also a proponent of the cottage housing system and who raised $3,000 for the College toward the construction of cottages. Brigham was slated to become the President of the College in 1889, but was killed in a train accident shortly before she was to take office. Brigham Hall was constructed with funds raised by the alumnae of New York and Brooklyn, and was the home of the College presidents from 1897 to 1909.
It is one of a trio of halls built in 1897 (Safford and Porter are the others). It houses 85 students in single, double and triple rooms. It faces the Gaylord Library opposite route 116. It is located next to Mary Lyon Hall and is close to academic buildings, Skinner green and Blanchard Campus Center.