The Kohler Building is named in honor of Otto C. Kohler who served as Superintendent of Buildings and Grounds, Business Manager, Assistant Treasurer and Member of the Mount Holyoke Administration from 1932 to 1968.
The building was completed in 1968 with Buildings and Grounds (Facilities Management) moving in that summer. There was an addition in 1988 on the west wing to accommodate Dining Services who occupied a warehouse, offices, and bake shop by the lower lake. This building (which is south of the Central Services Complex) was renovated after the Dining Services move and became the Ciruti Language Center. The last addition to the Kohler Building was completed in 1993 and included an attached two story warehouse and two-bay repair garage on the east wing.