President's House

President's House

The President's House was designed by Horace Frazer of Boston and built in 1908. It was partly funded by gifts from trustee Joseph Skinner and the Northwestern Alumnae Association. President Mary Woolley had been living in a suite in Brigham. Jeannette Marks, member of the English department and a former student of Woolley at Wellesley, and members of the president's official family, such as her secretary Harriet Newhall '14, shared the house with her.