When Shattuck Hall was renovated in 2003, its original 1930s architectural elements were preserved—including gothic windows, leaded glass, and ornamental woodwork. The new Shattuck conforms to Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design.
(LEED) criteria for a "green building" as established by the United States Green Building Council.
The departments that call Shattuck home are political science, women's studies, and English. In addition, the physics department maintains extensive equipment here, including research-grade laboratory facilities, a well-equipped machine shop, and a Van de Graaff generator.
Built in 1932, Shattuck Hall is named for a pioneering woman scientist, Lydia Shattuck, who studied and taught at the College.