Torrey Hall

Torrey Hall

Torrey Hall was built in 1949, and was originally called Lakeside. In 1956, it was renamed Torrey Hall, in honor of Louisa Torrey (class of 1845), who was the mother of William Howard Taft. Torrey was designed by Douglas Orr, who designed Abbey and Buckland Halls as well. The resemblance between Torrey Hall and Buckland Hall is apparent. Torrey is known for a large population of athletes, due to its proximity to Kendall Sports and Dance Complex.

Torrey Hall houses 126 students in single and double rooms, as well as one quadruple room, on four floors and a mezzanine. Torrey is known for its spacious student rooms and common areas. It is located near Kendall Sports and Dance Complex, the Career Development Center, and the Patti Groves Health Center. Torrey is also the home of the Grab and Go luncheon center. Students may pack a bag lunch from the menu selections and take it out between the hours of 10am and 3pm. This option is ideal for students with off campus classes or busy work and class schedules, or students simply looking for alternative dining options.

How your heat works