Wilder Hall was built in 1899, with a gift given by Charles Wilder of Wellesley Hills in memory of his wife Mary Ware Wilder, a member of the class of 1852. It was designed by G. Powell Karr of New York, in the style of the Elizabethan renaissance.
Wilder Hall houses 102 students in single, double, and triple rooms on four floors. Wilder is the home of the Kosher/Halal dining hall, which opened in the fall of 2001, the first of it's kind on a college campus. Wilder is known for its location on campus and its beautiful architecture. It is located on Skinner Green adjacent to Blanchard Student Center. It is near most classrooms, as well as Pratt Music Building and Lower Lake. Renovated in the summer of 2004, Wilder is the first residence hall that is fully accessible. With it's central location, carpeted hallways, hardwood floors, and beautiful common rooms, Wilder is popular among students.