Family and Friends 2020
Wednesday, October 21 — Thursday, October 29, 2020
Family and Friends is normally a weekend in October for family and friends to experience the beautiful Mount Holyoke campus, culture of academic excellence and vibrant cocurricular life. This year we are offering a variety of virtual and self-guided experiences that you can participate in with your Mount Holyoke student over the course of a week.
Choose activities to create the experience that best suits your interests. There are scheduled, live events that will give you a snapshot of the student experience and others that are tailored more specifically for parents, families, and friends. We have also provided the opportunity to build your own Family and Friends experience through various on-demand activities and content.
Scheduled events will be posted on our calendar as they are confirmed.
If you have questions, please check out the FAQ or email the Family and Friends committee.
Listen to the Alma Mater sung by MHC choral students
- Take a virtual tour of the art museum
- Learn how senior class dancers went from practice to performance in 23 hours
- Feeling spooky? View photos from the past performances of Frankenstein and Waking Sleepy Hollow
- Watch MHCAM in Conversation: Food Culture and the Skinner Museum and learn about the Skinner Museum Collection.
Excellence and Innovation
Learn about the Global Challenges Conference, hosted every two years by the McCulloch Center for Global Initiatives
- Take a virtual tour of the Fimbel Lab
- Learn about Senior Hannah Pozzebon's virtual Pratt Music Hall — built in Minecraft
- Can you dig it? See how the Restoration Ecology Program at Mount Holyoke is working to restore the health of the beloved MHC lake system, including its plant and animal life.
A Taste of MHC
Enjoy this Family and Friends slideshow.
Note: This video is not narrated.
Hear Mount Holyoke students discuss their favorite traditions.
Enjoy this aerial tour of campus
Note: this video is not narrated.
- Need to take a relaxing break? Check out the peaceful view from the newly installed Miller Worley Center for the Environment Campus Living Lab Cam. You might even get a peak of Jorge, our resident goose!
- Enjoy a behind-the-scenes glimpse of the Mary Lyon bells being rung to mark the start of Mountain Day.
- A Community Dedicated to Leadership: catcah a glimps of the Weissman Student Commons in Blanchard Hall.
- Enjoy a glimpse of autumn in western Massachusetts.