- I need special accommodations for a disability. How do I make sure to get them for my visit?
- My student has a learning disability, and I'd like to talk to someone during my visit. How?
- How do I purchase meals when I visit?
- Where is the Welcome Center located? When is it open?
- Do I have to register or visit the Welcome Center?
- Do I have to arrive on Friday?
- Where can I park?
- Can I rent a scooter?
If your question is not here, submit it to the Family and Friends Weekend Committee.
1. I need special accommodations for a disability. How do I make sure to get them for my visit?
If you have general questions, or require services because of a disability or special need, please call 413-538-2478 by Friday, September 19th to make arrangements. Home
2. My student has a learning disability, and I'd like to talk to someone during my visit. How?
Unfortunately, additional meetings for those families wishing to make reservations with AccessAbility Services cannot be accommodated during the weekend. Please contact 413-538-2634 to arrange a meeting some other time. Home
3. How do I purchase meals when I visit?
Meal tickets for the Shabbat Dinner, the Family & Friends Gracious Dinner and Sunday Brunch should be purchased at the Welcome Center. All other meals can be purchased at the dining halls. Cash and check are accepted. For additional information, please visit the Family & Friends Weekend Dining page. >Home
4. Where is the Welcome Center located? When is it open?
The Welcome Center is located in the heart of campus in the Blanchard Campus Center. Hours are 10am-8pm on Friday, and 8:30am-4pm on Saturday. General directions to Blanchard and Visitor parking can be found here, although parking will also be available in the corner lot at Morgan Street and Route 116 as well in any Faculty/Staff location (after 5pm). Home
5. Do I have to register or visit the Welcome Center?
No. Visiting the Welcome Center may benefit you, as it is a place to pick up local brochures, speak to Family & Friends Weekend volunteers, or buy meal tickets for the Family & Friends Dinner, Shabbat Dinner and Sunday Brunch. But if you do not want to attend any of those events, you can skip the Welcome Center entirely. Food for other meals may be purchased at the dining hall with cash or check. Home
6. Do I have to arrive on Friday?
No! Come whenever you wish, and stay as long as you like. Home
7. Where can I park?
Throughout the weekend, you may park in the corner lot at Morgan Street and Route 116. After 5pm on Friday, parking is also available in any faculty/staff location (until Monday 7am). Please note that Vistor Parking at the Willits-Hallowell Conference Center is reserved for those visiting the center. Home
8. Can I rent a scooter?
While we will have wheelchairs available for those who need them, we do not have scooters on campus for visitors' use. There is a local company that does rentals of scooters on a weekly basis. They are: Foot-It Health Care Store, and are located at 340 Memorial Avenue, West Springfield, MA 01089. (413) 733-7843. Their price is $129 for the week (350lb limit) and they require a credit card to hold the scooter. We are told that they do not deliver, but if you are able to make delivery arrangements, we would be happy to hold the scooter on campus for you at: Blanchard Campus Center, 50 College Street, South Hadley, MA 01075. Home