Awards For Work Or Study In Asia

Bridging Scholarships for Study in Japan are scholarships for undergraduates wishing to study Japanese culture and language. Undergraduates majoring in any field of study are eligible to apply. Japanese language study is not a prerequisite. Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents and be enrolled in a college or university in the United States. Bridging Scholarship recipients receive a stipend of $2,500 (for students on semester-long programs) or $4,000 (for students on academic year programs).  Deadline: Fall and Spring.

Fulbright Awards are open to U.S. citizens for a year of study or research abroad; available in many countries. Preferences for discipline vary by country; awards range from travel grants to full grants. Opportunities are also available to teach English, usually in secondary schools, in Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Korea, Luxembourg, Taiwan and others. There is no limit on the number of candidates Mount Holyoke may endorse. Alumnae may apply at-large or through Mount Holyoke. MHC NOMINATION IS REQUIREDMHC Deadline: Fall.

Luce Scholars Program For one-year professional internships in East or Southeast Asia for US citizens under 30; knowledge of Asian language not required; must not specialize in Asian studies, language or culture. MHC NOMINATION IS REQUIREDMHC Deadline: Fall.

UNESCO-L’ORÉAL Co-Sponsored Fellowships for Young Women in Life Sciences program is designed to identify and reward fifteen deserving, committed and talented young women scientists, from all over the world, active in the field of life sciences.  Candidates must already be engaged in pursuing research at the doctoral or post-doctoral level in one or allied fields of life sciences including biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, agriculture, medicine, pharmacy and physiology.  Special attention will be given to candidates from the Least Developed Countries (LDCs).  Deadline: Winter.