Awards For Study In Multiple International Locations

David L. Boren NSEP (National Security Education Program) Scholarships provide up to $20,000 to U.S. undergraduate students to study abroad in areas of the world that are critical to U.S. interests and under-represented in study abroad, including Africa, Asia, Central & Eastern Europe, Eurasia, Latin America, and the Middle East.  The countries of Western Europe, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand are excluded.  Awards for a minimum of one academic term (up to $10,000 per term) are available, but study abroad proposals based on two consecutive semesters of study are strongly encouraged, particularly for rising juniors and seniors. Support for summer study is also available, with some restrictions. All recipients of NSEP awards must seek employment with a federal agency or office involved in national security affairs for a period equivalent to the award period. MHC NOMINATION IS REQUIREDMHC Deadline: Fall.

Fulbright Awards are open to U.S. citizens for a year of study or research abroad; available in many countries. Preferences for discipline vary by country; awards range from travel grants to full grants. Opportunities are also available to teach English, usually in secondary schools, in Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Korea, Luxembourg, Taiwan and others. There is no limit on the number of candidates Mount Holyoke may endorse. Alumnae may apply at-large or through Mount Holyoke.  MHC NOMINATION IS REQUIRED. MHC Deadline: Fall.

Institute for International Public Policy Program sponsored by the United Negro College Fund provides underrepresented minority students (African American, Hispanic/Latino American, American Indian, Asian American, Alaskan Native, Native Hawaiian, or Pacific Islander) with specially designed education and training experiences critical to entry and advancement in international affairs careers. Minimum of 3.2 GPA and U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status is required.  MHC Deadline: Winter.

Rotary Foundation Scholarships are open to citizens of the U.S. and other countries in which Rotary Clubs are located, for graduate or undergraduate study abroad. Awards cover one or three years of graduate study, or three to six months of intensive language study. U.S. citizens ordinarily apply in their home district; other students must apply in their home country. Applications may be due as early as 18 months prior to the beginning of study abroad. Deadlines vary by club and district; contact your local club.  Deadline: Varies.