The Frances Perkins Office is located in Newhall Center, across from the Mount Holyoke College Library on Route 116, in South Hadley, MA.
Campus parking is available for students coming by car. Visitor passes are available in the Frances Perkins Office.
Map of MHC Campus.
Mount Holyoke College campus is twenty minutes from Springfield, Massachusetts, and an hour from Hartford, Connecticut. Boston is less than 90 miles away, and New York City, 150 miles.
On Route 116 in South Hadley, Massachusetts, the College is seven miles north of the Massachusetts Turnpike (Route 90) and five miles east of Interstate 91.
Bradley International Airport (airport code BDL) is located 31 miles south of campus on I-91 in Windsor Locks, Connecticut. Airlines serving Bradley include America West, American, Continental, Delta, Northwest, Southwest, United, US Airways, and a number of regional carriers.
Boston's Logan International Airport (airport code BOS) is situated 95 miles to the east, a straight drive down the Massachusetts Turnpike (I-90).
Several companies provide transportation service to and from campus with advance reservations:
- Valley Transporter (800-872-8752)
- Michael's Limousine Service (800-533-8470)
- Seemo Shuttle (800-908-2829)
- Bluebird Airport Transportation (413-221-4512)
- AirportLimo.com (877-278-5466)
From the south (including Bradley Airport):
- Travel north on Interstate 91 to Route 202 (Exit 16, Holyoke/ South Hadley).
- Head north on 202 through Holyoke across the Connecticut River, and around the rotary to the exit marked South Hadley Center-Amherst, Route 116 north.
- The College is approximately 2.5 miles from the exit.
From the north:
- Travel south on Interstate 91, take Exit 16, and follow the directions above.
From the Massachusetts Turnpike/I-90, east or west:
- Take Exit 5 (Holyoke/Chicopee) and bear to the right.
- At the end of the ramp, turn left on Route 33 for five miles to Route 116.
- Turn right onto 116 and drive approximately 1.5 miles north to the College.
From nearby colleges:
- From UMass, Amherst, and Hampshire, follow Route 116 south into South Hadley.
- From Smith, take I-91 South and follow the directions above.
The Amtrak rail station nearest to South Hadley is in Springfield, Massachusetts. Call 800-872-7245 for ticket prices and schedules.
Peter Pan Bus Lines offers service from Boston and New York City to South Hadley, with transfers in Springfield. Call 800-237-8747 for ticket prices and schedules.