Thank you for your interest in transferring to Mount Holyoke College as a Frances Perkins Scholar. Application forms present you with a valuable opportunity to speak your mind and give us insight into your personality. Take time to reflect upon your interests, accomplishments, and long-range goals. Remember, while we consider transcripts and faculty evaluations, we are particularly interested in hearing your voice through your writing.
Frances Perkins students are full members of the Mount Holyoke College community - FPs are not "taking classes"; they are "going to college." They are enrolled in the same courses; use the same libraries, computers, laboratories, and sports facilities; and participate in the same cocurricular activities as other Mount Holyoke students. Frances Perkins students are subject to the same academic requirements as all undergraduate students, including those of foreign language and physical education.
Women who are 25 years of age or older and women who are married and/or have a dependent apply for admission through The Frances Perkins Office. Veterans of military service are also welcome to apply regardless of age. It is expected that candidates will provide some evidence of success in college course work before applying for admission. Transfer credit is approved by Mount Holyoke’s registrar and the department in which you declare your major. As a transfer student, you must complete at least two years or 64 credits at Mount Holyoke. A preliminary estimate of credit is available upon request.
International applicants must submit documents required for admission and for financial assistance by the deadlines that apply for U.S. students. International students whose secondary school and college documents are not in English must submit notarized translations along with original documents. You may also need to submit scores from the CEEB Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) if English is not your primary language.
Steps in Applying
- Complete the on-line application for admission to The Frances Perkins Program.
- Official transcripts of all previous college work are required. If you are currently enrolled in courses that will not be completed before the application you must also list the courses that are in progress.
- References from two instructors who can tell us about your talents and strengths are also required; reference forms are part of the on-line application and you may send them to your professors. If you are not currently enrolled in courses, two general evaluations are required.
- Complete the Transfer Registrar Report.
- On or before the application deadline, ask your professors to complete the Transfer Mid-Term Report.
- Submit an official High School Transcript or General Education Development (GED) test scores.
- Interviews are required for all Frances Perkins applicants, and must be scheduled two weeks prior to the application deadline. To schedule an interview, either on campus or via Skype, please contact the Frances Perkins Office.
- If you are applying for need based financial aid, you must apply at the same time you apply for admission. The College will assume that you are not applying for financial aid if you do not answer the question regarding aid. Be sure to submit the appropriate forms to Student Financial Services by the dates noted on the application checklist.
- Spring Entrance: November 1
- Fall Entrance: March 1
- FAFSA available January 1