Prospective students, we applaud you for staying focused on your college goals given the many disruptions of 2020. We know that the ongoing impact of COVID and incidents of natural disaster have created extraordinary circumstances for many of our prospective families. In acknowledgement, we have waived our application fee. If you or your loved ones have been impacted and you anticipate needing an application extension, simply be in touch with our office and we’ll walk you through the process.
Thank you for your interest in transferring to Mount Holyoke as a Frances Perkins Scholar!
- Fall admission: March 1
- Spring admssion: November 1
In order to qualify as a Frances Perkins applicant, students must:
- Be age 25 or older or under the age of 25, but a parent or veteran
- Not hold a bachelor’s degree from another institution
- Have earned between 40 and 64 college-level credits by the semester they wish to matriculate to Mount Holyoke
Required Application Materials
To apply, candidates should submit the following:
- Common Application
- Official College Transcript(s)
- Official High School Transcript
- If currently enrolled in coursework, two academic recommendations are required
- If not currently enrolled, two professional or personal recommendations are required, though academic evaluations are also welcome
- Midterm Report
- Interview (please note, interviews are required for all Frances Perkins applicants and must be requested no later than two weeks before the application deadline.)
- Standardized Test Scores
- Art Supplement
- English Proficiency Test Results (for non-native English speakers)
If you have difficulty submitting a web-based application, please contact the Frances Perkins Program by phone (413-538-2077), or by email.