Why MHC: I chose MHC because it has a unique reputable program (Frances Perkins Program) designed for non-traditional women wanting to complete their Bachelors degree.... I was eager to be a part of community of strong diverse women determined to achieving their academic dreams regardless of their age.
- Frances Perkins Scholars Association peer mentor.
- Member of an Action committee for Baystate Health Systems.
- Homeless for Horizon (Play pal placement in Holyoke, MA).
- Special Olympics volunteer.
- Also, for fun, I take and manually develop black and white photos.
Favorite MHC Professors:
- Becky Wia-Ling Packard, associate professor of psychology and education: “She helped me transition to MHC from Holyoke Community College.”
- Kathy Binder, assistant professor of psychology: “She taught how to be a more effective student."
- Lois Brown, associate professor of English & director of the Weissman Center for Leadership and the Liberal Arts: “Our exchanges are purely casual. However, she always shows an interest towards my personal and academic development here at MHC.”
Future Plans: Attend an MBA program in business or pursue a degree in social work.
Favorite Singers: Billy Holiday, Jill Scott, and John Legend.
Favorite Movie: Color Purple.
Favorite Books: Living Water and all of Suze Orman’s books.
Favorite Web Sites: dictionary.com and usatoday.com
Favorite local restaurants:
- Chef Wayne’s Big Mamou in Springfield, MA.
- Mulino’s Restaurant in Northampton, MA.
Guilty Pleasures: Reality televisions shows (Project Runaway, Top Chef, etc.,) and reading my daily horoscope .
Life-changing Experience: Going back college.
Why I Do What I Do: Ultimately, I want to inspire others who started out like me to pursue their dreams.
Favorite MHC Traditions: Mountain Day and M&Cs.
Favorite MHC Places:
- Info Commons in the library.
- Abbey Chapel: "It is such a peaceful place. I go there to ease mind when I’m feeling particularly overwhelmed.”
- Amphitheatre stage: "On warm sunny days, I like sit in the stands and envision myself walking across the graduating stage accepting my MHC diploma.”
Growing Up I Wanted to Be: A fashion designer.
Little Known Fact About Me:I am the first person in my immediate family to attend college.