Many Mount Holyoke College faculty are engaged with international or global issues in their research. Since 2012, 55% of the faculty have conducted research abroad and 51% have conducted research with a global focus.
There are a number of funding sources for faculty wanting to conduct research abroad.
Through the Office of the Dean of Faculty, the College provides internal grants funding each year to support research and other creative activities.
For support to find external funding sources contact Laura Bundesen, Sponsored Research Officer.
- American Academy in Berlin
- American Academy in Rome
- American Council Research Fellowships
- American Scandinavian Foundation
- Associated Kyoto Program
- Chiang Ching-kuo Foundation for Scholarly Exchange
- Fernand Braudel Senior Fellowship, European University Institute
- Fulbright Scholar Program
- German Academic Exchange Service (grants for short-term research stays in Germany).
- Harvard’s Villa I Tatti Fellowships in Florence
- Humbolt Research Fellowship
- Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Study and Conference Center