Immigration and Other Resources for International Students
Mount Holyoke offers this list of resources to international students to provide them access to the most reliable, accurate, and up-to-date information regarding the Executive Order signed by the president on January 27, 2017 and the Supreme Court ruling of June 26, 2017. We will continue to carefully monitor the latest developments and add additional resources to this list as they become available.
On September 24, 2017, the Trump administration announced a new travel ban for seven countries: Chad, Iran, Libya, North Korea, Syria, Venezuela, and Yemen. We will update this page with any new developments.
Faculty and staff who have concerns about their visa status should contact Colleen O'Connor-Rickey in the Dean of the Faculty Office. For resources for Undocumented and DACA students, please click here.
Updates from Government Agencies
- Department of Homeland Security (for latest news and press releases)
- USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (for timely updates)
- U.S. Department of State: U.S. visas (latest information and alerts)
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection (current information and frequently asked questions)
- Curran & Berger LLP (immigration law firm in Northampton)
- e-mail email@example.com if you would like to receive their immigration newsletter
- American Immigration Lawyers’ Association (AILA)
- Travel Advisory for Nationals of Certain Countries
- (from the National Association of International Educators—most current info with additional links)
- Muslim Advocates Promoting Freedom and Justice for All
- National Immigration Law Center
- National Immigration Council
Contacts on Campus
If you have concerns, questions, or just want to talk…