Winter (December) Break

Mount Holyoke in winter

International students and domestic students whose family members live abroad may stay on campus in Joanne V. Creighton Hall free of charge during the break between the end of the semester and the beginning of intersession. Students must register with the Office of Residential Life if they wish to stay on campus during Winter Break. The registration form can be found on MyMountHolyoke.

Important Notes

  1. If you are not on campus during the fall (i.e., you are studying away or on any kind of leave), you cannot return or stay on campus (in Creighton Hall) during December/Winter Break or during intersession.  Also, if you will not be on campus during the spring semester (i.e., you are studying away, have finished your studies, or are on any kind of leave), you cannot stay in Creighton Hall during December/Winter Break, nor may you return for intersession.  You must move out of your room and leave campus by the end of the exam period in December.
  2. The McCulloch Center hires two students to serve as Activities Coordinators during this time.  If you are staying on campus and are interested in applying for this position, fill out and submit the online application form.   Only students who have been at Mount Holyoke for at least one year are eligible.  CAs (Community Advisors), SCAs (Senior Community Advisors) and students who have previously served as Activities Coordinators in Creighton Hall during Winter Break are especially encouraged to apply and will be given preference!  Applicants must fill out the application form on JobX in addition to the McCulloch Center online application form (see link above).  Applicants will be contacted for an interview to take place during the first or second week of December.