African Women's Development Fund
Location: Accra, Ghana
Duration: 8 week minimum
Qualifications: For a student with at least one course in African Studies and interest in international development
The African Women’s Development Fund (AWDF) is a grant-making initiative that aims to support the work of the African Women’s movement. The vision of the AWDF is for African women to live in a world in which there is social justice, equality and respect for women’s human rights. The AWDF’s mission is to mobilize financial resources to support local, national and international initiatives led by women. AWDF’s objectives are to raise money and make grants for the support of non-profit African women’s organizations working for social justice, equality and peace.
AWDF is seeking an intern to strengthen the team in the areas of publications production, grants proposal writing, donor reports, and communications. Working with staff in the Information Production, Donor Liaison and Communications team, the intern will carry out the following duties:
- Assist with the production of reports and other publications for both internal and external audiences.
- Process stories, information and statistics from AWDF grantees for use by AWDF program staff and Executive Director
- Assist with the production of press materials, promotional materials, and other public documents promoting AWDF’s work.
- Assist with writing grant proposals and donor reports
- Work in collaboration with the Communications Officer to manage all AWDF websites
- Assist with the management of AWDF’s listserves.
- Conduct any other duties as may be assigned to them
Interns can expect to be fully involved in most of AWDF’s activities, with possible opportunities for travel both locally and within the continent. The intern will be expected to lend support to staff but also to advance ideas for strengthening the work of the department/s to which they are assigned.
Current as of summer 2013.