Embark Energy -- Social Enterprise Video Intern
*Extended opportunity. Please follow guidelines for rolling applications.
Location: Tanzania (filming), anywhere - editing
Embark is an early-stage social enterprise dedicated to radically increasing the scale of energy access in developing countries. Our vision is a world where every person, community and small industry has access to affordable, demand-driven and reliable modern energy. We can accomplish this by:
- Identifying, inspiring and preparing potential energy entrepreneurs;
- Reducing the time it takes to make a sustainable business out of a good idea;
- Offering first rate knowledge, practical skills, and a supportive community of like-minded individuals;
- Giving access to global network of coaches with strong subject matter expertise in specialized fields;
- Providing a supply chain connection that offers quality products at the best prices;
- Connecting entrepreneurs with viable business plans to financiers and investors.
Embark launched its East-Africa hub in Arusha, Tanzania in January 2013. We are looking for a summer intern to help local energy entrepreneurs develop social media content: video/photos and help Embark prepare a marketing video. This summer internship position is a unique opportunity to gain in-country experience, witness economic development occurring on the ground and to support small clean energy entrepreneurs with raising the first dollars needed to launch their business. The summer intern will work closely with Embark’s team in filming, editing and producing video content over the course of 8-12 weeks between mid-May and mid-August. The filming will be done in Tanzania in May/June and allows flexibility to organize and edit content at any location afterwards.
- Develop social media content: video/photos and help Embark prepare a marketing video to recruit new entrepreneurs to its MyBusinessPlan Programme. This summer internship position is a unique opportunity to work with clean energy entrepreneurs in Arusha, Tanzania; the deliverables expected are:
- Develop TWO 3-minute videos documenting the story of Embark’s Tanzania entrepreneurs for marketing and social media.
- Video Tape 2 Embark Entrepreneur training sessions for about an hour each; video presentation of differing content in each.
- Develop a 3-minute video as an inspirational/recruitment message for Embark.
- The intern’s responsibilities are subject to change based on the individual’s strengths.
- Prior video creation and editing experience preferred;
- Comfortable living and working in developing country - prior experience in East Africa preferred, as is knowledge of Swahili.
- Have some grasp of economic development/international relations or a film background;
- Self-starter, strong ability to work well alone and with others;
- Incredibly creative and strong communicator;
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail;
- Passionate about social entrepreneurship and/or energy poverty issues;
- Ability to commit to 8 to 12 week long internship between mid-May and mid-August;
- ·Ability to travel to Tanzania.
- Ability to secure funding to cover all travel expenses.
For more information, visit us on