China Economic Review
Location: Shanghai, China
- Strong writing and research skills. Experience in journalistic writing prefered. Applicants will submit a resume, cover letter, and 2-4 clips.
- Very strong sense of initiative. The student should be a self-starter, be curious, and willing and able to reach out to sources ("cold calling").
- Strong analytical skills.
- Background in economics with a focus on Asia.
- Fluency in Chinese a plus but not a requirement.
Housing: arranged by McCulloch Center
China Economic Review is a monthly magazine covering business, finance and economics in China. It publishes a comprehensive package of original reporting, commentary and analysis for business readers with an interest in China's economic affairs. The Shanghai office includes approximately 160 professional staff.
The intern will assist in editing, writing articles (a region piece, lifestyle piece, potentially for Focus Business Education publication), assisting with Web projects (for a student with background/skills in graphic design), and assist staff writers.
To apply, read the application guidelines and submit the Universal Application Form by February 22, 2013 at 5 pm. All applicants MUST meet with Kirk Lange, Director of International Experiential Learning, by February 15, 2013 for a pre-application meeting. Please call the McCulloch Center at x2072 to schedule an appointment.
Please note that the CER makes the ultimate determination in the selection of its interns, and may or may not offer a position to the candidate nominated by MHC.