How to Apply
Mount Holyoke’s IIP is selective. Internships — which are eligible for Lynk/UAF funding — are awarded based on academic background, professional goals, and the applicant’s readiness to be successful in the placement.
To prepare for your application, we recommend that you:
- Orient yourself with internship possibilities and processes through the Lynk UAF Orientation Videos.
- Consider what kind of internship best aligns with your academic and professional goals by reflecting on the Internship Advising Questions.
- If a particular internship interests you, communicate with students who have done this internship in the past. Get as much information about the host organization and country as possible.
- Meet with your faculty advisor to discuss how an international internship connects to your academic program, and chart your summer learning goals. You will need a faculty member recommendation for your application, so start early.
- Apply for internships in Handshake. Opportunities added November to February. The deadline for many opportunities is late February.
- These placements typically ask for a cover letter, resume, and faculty reference. (The CDC has many workshops for crafting strong cover letters and resumes; please refer to their workshop schedule.)