Communications and Outreach Intern
Duration: To Be Negotiated (8+ weeks)
Location: Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Kopernik serves the last mile – the hardest-to-reach parts of the developing world – by making simple, life-changing technology available to the people who need it the most. Since 2010 Kopernik has reached more than 100,000 people in 13 countries with innovative technology like solar lights, water filters and clean cookstoves.
Kopernik’s head office is in Ubud, on the Indonesian island of Bali. There are currently 13 Indonesian staff working from this office, supported by a small number of international staff and volunteers. Kopernik also has project staff based in North Aceh, East Java and East Nusa Tenggara, and a small secretariat in Japan.
For more information about Kopernik visit: http://kopernik.info
Kopernik offers summer internships to highly-motivated students interested in appropriate technology, social enterprise and international development.
- Provide English training to Kopernik’s Indonesian staff, whose English language skills range from beginner to advanced.
- Develop print, photograph, video or multimedia outreach materials.
- Write and edit blogs, articles and updates on appropriate technology for the last mile – emerging technologies, distribution process and impact.
- Contribute to online fundraising initiatives.
- Other duties as required.
Interns will report to the Ms Sally Bolton, Communications & Outreach Officer, and will intern for 40 hours per week.
The internship is unpaid. Interns will be responsible for funding their travel, insurance, visa and living costs for the duration of the internship.
Kopernik will provide:
- A secure workplace and substantive work experience for the duration of the internship.
- A fun work environment – Kopernik is a young, start-up organization with a team of staff who are passionate about the power of technology to transform lives.
- The necessary documents to apply for an Indonesian social cultural visa before arriving in Indonesia.
- A visa agent to maintain a valid visa for the duration of the internship.
- Advice on housing, transport and living costs before arriving in Indonesia.
By interning with Kopernik, you agree to:
- Carry out your internship duties with due diligence and efficiency, and with skill and care consistent with recognized professional standards.
- Not engage in any conduct of activity that adversely reflects on Kopernik, is incompatible with the proper performance of internship duties, or make any public pronouncement or statement which may unfavorably reflect on your status as an intern for Kopernik.
- Subscribe to the values defined in Kopernik’s Organizational Culture.
- Join our table tennis competition and team barbecues, and occasionally entertain Momo, our beloved office dachshund.