Rome Internship -- CISabroad
This MHConnect internship supports the summer programs of CISabroad in Rome, Italy. It provides professional exposure alongside senior staff and an opportunity to build concrete skills in program management, communications, event planning -- in the context of an international education organization that seeks to cultivate engaged world citizens.
Role and Responsibilities
The intern will work alongside senior staff on location in Rome, Italy, to support the mission, goals, and values of CISabroad, its partners and collaborators. The successful candidate will divide her time between a traditional office setting and a more fieldwork‐like setting and will work on location in Rome and around Tuscany as assigned.
Specifically, the intern will be tasked with the following duties:
- Engage in relationship building with our online community by monitoring and updating social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Promote the visibility of CISabroad, its programs and partners in Rome and in the United States through pre‐established media channels and through the creation and upkeep of a blog aimed at marketing program opportunities, specifically in Rome . The blog will also feature reviews of locations suggested by onsite staff and will serve as a central information point for students in the pre‐departure phase and while on location in Rome.
- Assist senior staff in preparing core activities relating to summer groups, such as welcome and farewell events, and mandatory group meetings, including orientations. The intern will also assist in airport pickups for the arrival of summer groups, including custom programs.
- Staff and implement cultural activities and excursions already planned by senior staff, including LVL programming and day‐trips in and around Rome and Perugia.
- Research and identify potential new activities and day‐trip destinations aimed at fostering increased levels of cultural immersion and identify innovative ways of deepening and widening the breadth of already existing activities. Specifically, the intern will research and organize one LVL activity per session (in accordance with the pre‐determined budget), for a total of one new activity every three weeks.
- Assist in promoting open lines of communication between staff and students by writing emails inviting students to participate in cultural activities and day trips, collecting RSVPs, and relaying numbers and other relevant information to senior staff. The intern will also hold office hours alongside one senior staff member four times per month.
- Assist in creation and editing of internship confirmation guides for Intern in Rome program.
- Create organizational resource guide for internship placement options in Rome, including visiting internship placement sites and gathering marketing materials when available.
- Assist Site Director in logistical coordination of office events and site visits, if applicable.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned on location by senior staff
25‐30 hours per week, during normal business hours and occasionally during evenings.
2 Fridays off/month.
Note: The intern needs to bring her/his own laptop.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and excellent proofreading skills
- Required computer skills: working knowledge of internet, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Reader, Dreamweaver, and WordPress
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new software programs
- Ability to work independently in deadline‐sensitive environment
- Fluent in Italian
- If the intern doesn't have any knowledge of the Italian Language a bilingual intern Spanish/English would be preferable.
The mission of CISabroad is to provide innovative education programs that broaden academic perspectives, promote global awareness, and encourage personal development while laying the foundation for participants to become engaged world citizens. CISabroad, headquartered in Northampton, MA, has learning abroad programs in over 20 countries around the world.