Academic Considerations

Remember that Mount Holyoke does not directly award credit for internships or summer research. You may, however, register for an independent study (295 or 395) in the semester you return, and thereby receive credit for academic work based on your work experience or research abroad. If you wish to do this, find out what the requirements and procedures in your major department are before you confirm your plans.