Resources for Prevention and Information
- CASA, the National Center on Addiction & Substance Abuse
This site provides information on the economic and social costs of substance abuse and its impact on lives, as well as assessing prevention, treatment, and the law enforcement strategies.
- Higher Education Center for Alcohol & Other Drug Prevention
Part of the US Department of Education, this website is a resource for educators and those interested in understanding and preventing alcohol and other drug use/abuse.
- Join Together Online
A fantastic resource for alcohol and other drug information. The latest news, research findings, and facts are here along with prevention efforts.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
For help with alcohol, drugs and mental health problems, as well as information on professions and programs.
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD)
Devoted to stopping drunk driving and preventing underage drinking, MADD is well-known throughout the US. This site can tell you how to get involved.
- National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence (NCADD)
Provides education, information, help and hope to the public.
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA)
Part of the National Institutes of Health, this site contains a vast number of publications about alcoholism and related problems.
- NCADI's Prevline: Prevention Online
A website provided by NCADI, the National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information, Prevline contains the most recent information on current issues related to alcohol and drug use and abuse.
- NIDA (National Institute on Drug Abuse)
The National Institute on Drug Abuse website has easy-to-read articles about scientific research on drug and alcohol use/abuse. Prevention and treatment information is available to the general public.
- Social Norms