Student Injury and Sickness Insurance Plan
Massachusetts state law requires every full-time and part-time student enrolled in an institution of higher learning must participate in a Student Health Insurance (SHI) Program or in a health benefit plan with comparable covarge. A part-time student is defined as a student participating in at least 75% of the full-time curriculum. Please refer to the Student Health Insurance Requirements for regulations defining Student Health Insurance (Managed by the Commonwealth Health Insurance Connector Authority), pay particular note of the information regarding comparable coverage.
Mount Holyoke College offers a Student Injury and Sickness Insurance Plan that exceeds the SHI requirements and is designed to work in partnership with the College Health Services to provide: specialist consultation, ancillary testing, medication, inpatient and outpatient hospital services for primarily acute health conditions. Please read the MHC Student Injury and Sickness Insurance Plan Brochure for the details of benefit coverage, exclusions, co-pays and referral procedures.
Annually all MHC students must determine the health insurance option that best meets their health care needs.
International students are required to participate in the Student Injury and Sickness Insurance Plan, unless they are covered by a US based plan of comparable coverage.
- Student Injury and Sickness Insurance Plan-Please refer to the below list for some of the services available Student Waiver Form
- Petition to Add
- Pharmacy Information
- Find a Doctor
- Dental Care-Discount program offered thru Basix Dental
- Vision Care-Discount program offered thru EyeMed Vision Care (select "Gallagher Koster Complements")
- 2013-2014 Insurance Information Sheet
- 2013-2014 Frequently Asked Questions
- Prepaid Health Center Option
- Third Party Insurance/Billing