Dental Insurance Plan
Benefits eligible employees may enroll in the college sponsored group dental plan. Employees may elect either individual or family coverage.
Coverage becomes effective on the first of the month if it coincides with your date of hire, otherwise coverage begins on the first of the month following your date of hire.
Membership is open to all regular, continuing full-time and part-time employees who work at least 20 hours a week for either the fiscal or academic year and their eligible dependents. Eligible dependents under these health plans include the employee's spouse or domestic partner and unmarried children. Mount Holyoke College provides health insurance coverage in compliance with Massachusetts Health Care Reform Laws. Please speak to one of our Benefits Specialists if you have questions about covering a partner or dependent.
The Dental Plan Covers
- 100% of preventative services
- 80% of basic restorative services
- 50% of major restorative services
- Preventative services (covered at 100%) include oral exams, evaluations, office visits, cleanings, fluoride treatment, sealants, and x-rays.
- Basic services (covered at 80% - after deductible) includes fillings, root canal treatment, stainless and resin-based crowns, bridge and crowns restoration, and some periodontal and oral surgery, general anesthesia – surgical procedures only.
- Major Restorative Services (covered at 50% - after deductible) include prosthodontics - dentures, crowns bridges.
There is a $1000 (per person) annual maximum for all coverages combined, children are covered up to age 26.
Dental Insurance Rates
|Employee Monthly Contribution||$8.67||$81.44|
|College Monthly Contribution||$26.00*||$26.00*|
|Total Monthly Premium||$34.66||$107.43|
*College contribution is 75% of single plan premium with same dollar contribution to family premium. For less than full-time employees, College contribution is based on a sliding scale (similar to health insurance).