A Flexible Spending Account (FSA) allows you to use before-tax dollars to pay for eligible out-of-pocket expenses.
Open enrollment for Flexible Spending is now held during the open enrollment period for all other benefits. Reminder: You must re-enroll in Flexible Spending every year!
This handout describes some of the benefits of a flexible spending account.
Important information for 2022-2023
- We have a new vendor! MHC will partner with EBPA to provide employees with Flexible spending medical and dependent care accounts starting 7/1/22.
- Our plan year has changed and aligns with our other benefits! (7/1 - 6/30).
- Medical flexible spending has moved to a "rollover" option. Up to $570 can be rolled over from the current plan year to the next.
- Dependent Care flexible spending retains the 2 1/2 month "grace period".
- For the 'shortened plan year', 1/1/22-6/30/22, you may rollover up to $570 in unspent medical funds. Dependent care funds will retain a 2 1/2 month 'grace period'. Unused Dependent Care funds must be spent by 9/15/22.
- You have until December 31, 2022 to spend any funds from the 2021 plan year.
Mount Holyoke College has established two types of flexible spending accounts:
Health Care Spending Account:
- Contributions of a minimum of $120 to a maximum of $2,850.
- Can be used to pay for eligible health care expenses (including dental expenses).
- New for 2022-2023 - Up to $570 can be "rolled over" to the next plan year.
Dependent Care Spending Account:
- Contributions of a minimum of $120 to a maximum of $5,000
- Can be used to pay for eligible dependent care expenses.
- Funds can be used to pay for expenses during a 2 1/2 month 'grace period.' (Sept 15)
Important Vendor Phone Numbers & Links
ebpa Employee Benefits
Phone: (800) 578-EBPA (3272); (603) 778-7106
Fax: (603) 773-4430
Eligible Medical Expenses
Eligible Dependent Care Expenses
Please feel free to contact the HR Benefits department if you have any questions.
Flexible Spending Account Contacts
Elizabeth M. Haber, Payroll Specialist, x3194
Cindy Legare, Benefits and Training Manager, x3196
Kellie Gallivan, Benefits Administrator, x3132