A Flexible Spending Account (FSA) allows you to use before-tax dollars to pay for eligible out-of-pocket expenses.
Mount Holyoke College has established two types of flexible spending accounts:
Health Care Spending Account:
- Contributions of a minimum of $120 to a maximum of $2550.
- Can be used to pay for eligible health care expenses (including dental expenses).
Dependent Care Spending Account:
- Contributions of a minimum of $120 to a maximum of $5,000
- Can be used to pay for eligible dependent care expenses.
Flexible spending dollars are deducted during the calendar year (January - December).
As permitted by the IRS, Mount Holyoke College offers an additional 'grace period' of 2 1/2 months in which a participant could use flexible spending dollars from the previous year to pay for expenses. That is, you may use 2015 funds to pay for expenses incurred on or before March 15, 2016. [And claims using 2015 funds need to be processed no later than April 15, 2016.]
Please feel free to contact the HR Benefits department if you have any questions.
- Flexible Spending Employee Guide
- List of Medical Eligible Expenses
- Dependent Care Eligible Expenses
- How to access your Flex account
Flexible Spending Account Contacts
Elizabeth M. Haber, Payroll Specialist, x3194
Cindy Legare, Benefits and Training Manager, x3196
Teresa Azahar, Benefits and Training Specialist, x3132
American Benefits Group
P.O. Box 1209, Northampton, MA 01061-1209
Telephone: 413-584-9923 or 800-499-3539