May is Open Enrollment Month!
Unveil the mysteries of your benefits at the Annual Benefits Fair
Date: Thursday, May 7
Human Resources will hold its annual Benefits Fair where employees can get updated information about health and dental insurance rates and make changes to benefits.
We will have representatives from all of our benefits vendors as well as a few local banks and businesses. May is Open Enrollment Month! Winter is over—get outside and come to the Benefits Fair!
During the annual Open Enrollment period, employees have the opportunity to review and modify their benefits. Remember that all changes made during Open Enrollment (in the month of May) will take effect July 1st.
During Open Enrollment you can:
- Add, Drop or Change Health or Dental Insurance
- Increase or decrease your Supplemental Life Insurance or Long Term Disability Insurance.
We also recommend you consider reviewing other aspects of your benefits selections. Open Enrollment is the perfect time to:
- Update your Beneficiary information for Life Insurance and Retirement Plans
- Review or modify your Voluntary Contributions to Retirement.
*** Flexible Spending Accounts can only be modified within 30 days of a Qualifying Event or during the Open Enrollment for FLEX which is held in November.***
Changing your Health or Dental Insurance Coverage
2) Fill out the Enrollment Form (page 3). You'll find instructions on page 2. Make sure you clearly mark the plan and level of coverage you prefer.
3) If you’re a choosing the HMO Blue or the Value HMO (HMO Blue New England $500 Deductible), make sure to include name of the primary care physician for yourself and any dependents on your plan.
4) Send Enrollment Form to HR by May 31. Changes will take effect July 1st.
Choosing a Health Insurance Plan:
- Review the Plan Comparison and/or SBC's (Summaries of Benefits and Coverage) provided by Blue Cross Blue Shield.
- View the Current Rates.
Adding a Same-Sex or Opposite-Sex Partner to my Health Insurance:
1) Complete the “Domestic Partner Affidavit” and with the necessary signatures.
2) Fill out the Enrollment Form for Health & Dental Insurance
3) Review the Plan Comparison and our Health Insurance Rates for this year.
4) Important! The Federal government requires that you pay an income tax on imputed income for Domestic Partnerships in addition to your premium. Please speak to a Benefits Specialist in Human Resources for more information.
Increase/Decrease my Supplemental Life Insurance (LI) or Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance:
During Open Enrollment, you are permitted to increase the coverage of your Life Insurance or LDT Coverage one level from your present coverage with no other health information required. If you prefer to increase your coverage beyond one level, you will need to fill out a Statement of Health. Increases requiring a statement of health are dependent on the approval of our insurance carrier.
- Review your current Life Insurance and LTD coverage. If you are not sure what you currently have, email Cindy Legare or Teresa Azahar and request this information.
- Life and Long Term Disability insurance rates are based on salary and age. HR will create and send you an Enrollment Form tailored with your information
- Select your new coverage and fill out your Beneficiary Information.
- Sign it and send it to HR.