Health Insurance Premium Subsidy
An additional College provided subsidy is available to help offset the employee’s health insurance premium share for Mount Holyoke College employees who meet all of the following criteria:
- Participate in a Mount Holyoke group health insurance plan.
- Have a family income of less than $40,000 for employees carrying a family health insurance plan.
- Have a family income of less than $20,000 for employees carrying a single health insurance plan.
Please note the following conditions:
- Family income is the "Adjusted Gross Income" as listed on the IRS tax form.
- Income must be verified by a copy of a signed federal income tax return (form 1040-EZ or 1040 or 1040-A).
- The plan year for the subsidy runs from July 1 to June 30.
- The subsidy is not based on financial obligations or family size.
- The subsidy is based on current Mount Holyoke College annual salary or prior year family income, whichever is higher. Subsidy applications will be accepted during our annual group health insurance open enrollment in May of each year and becomes effective for July 1. For new employees, subsidy applications must be submitted within 30 days of the date of hire.
- The subsidy will be pro-rated on the balance of the fiscal year.
- For domestic partners, the subsidy is based on both incomes and is verified by signed federal income tax returns.
- The subsidy will be treated as taxable income as required by IRS regulations.
- Applications must be submitted each year to re-qualify for subsidy.
This subsidy program is funded in full by Mount Holyoke College, and the College reserves the right to amend, modify or terminate the program at any time.
The College also offers group dental insurance...