Roles and Responsibilities of the College Ombudsperson
In regard to all individuals in the Mount Holyoke community, except those within the bargaining units:
• to promote fair and equitable treatment of all members of the Mount Holyoke community.
• to act in an impartial and objective manner to resolve the problems raised by any member of the College community.
• to investigate all claims and consider all sides of the issues raised. (The Ombudsperson does not automatically accept the side of the person making the complaint.)
• to act as an adviser, counselor, mediator in order to resolve disputes.
• to recommend changes in policies, procedures, regulations.
• to remain in contact with the grievant and the accused until the dispute is resolved.
• to protect, as far as possible, the confidentiality of matters discussed informally or formally.
For more information, see the ombudsperson website.