Personal & Professional Development
Upcoming Benefits Information Sessions
Medicare 101- Planning for Health Care in Retirement
This is an overview session of Medicare and options available for supplementing Medicare coverage. This session is offered by Human Resources. There are six sessions set up in March and April 2014. Please join us for one of the following sessions.
- Tuesday, March 25, 2014, 8:00 - 9:30 am, in Blanchard Great Room
- Friday, March 28, 2014, 8:00 - 9:30 am, in Blanchard Great Room
- Thursday, April 10, 2014, 4:00 - 5:30 pm, in Kendade 305
- Friday, April 11, 2014, 1:00 - 2:30 pm, in Skinner 216
- Monday, April 21, 2014, 8:00 - 9:30 am, in Blanchard 213 (Note: The location has been changed!)
- Wednesday, April 23, 2014, 4:00 - 5:30 pm, in Skinner 216
You have questions, we have answers. The Benefits Group from Human Resources is offering a series of Q&A sessions to discuss the health & welfare benefits offered by the college. Come and hear an overview of our benefits and ask those burning questions you've been wondering about. Here are some of the benefits we will be discussing: Health Insurance, Dental, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability insurance, Vendor Discounts, Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Benefits, and Retirement Benefits.
- Monday, April 14, 2014, 3:30 - 4:30 pm in Cleveland L-2
- Wednesday, April 16, 2014, 8:30 - 9:30 am in Blanchard Great Room
- Thursday, April 17, 2014, 2:00 - 3:00 pm in Cleveland L-2 (on the ground level of Cleveland, facing Park Street)
Training Programs 2013-2014
Workshop: Writing Clean & Simple
The HR department is pleased to offer a special writing class for staff given by Carolyn Collette professor emeritus of English at MHC with experience of over 40 years teaching English and courses on women, language, and power in the late medieval and early modern period. This writing course, Writing: Clear and Simple, will focus on how to write clear and simple prose that will engage readers' attention and interest.
This course will be held for six weekly sessions on Wednesdays:
Dates: 1/8/14, 1/15/14, 1/22/14, 1/29/14, 2/5/14, 2/12/14
Time: 4:30 - 5:45pm
Location: Skinner 202
Maximum number of participants: 15 (First-come, first-served basis)
Complete the following Registration Form
Or call Human Resources x2503