Our work-life-wellness initiatives demonstrate our commitment to:
- Promoting personal health and wellness that will enhance the general well-being and quality of life of employees;
- Developing a climate of sustained commitment to and improved overall health and wellness of employees and their families;
- Building community; Promoting the use of the Kendall Dance and Sports Complex, and
- Having fun!
Initiatives for 2014 - 2015
The circumference of the Earth is 24,901 miles (according to Google). Do you think the MHC Community has what it takes to collectively walk this distance over the next 3 months?
Questions? Call Human Resources at x2503 or email email@example.com
- "Stretching Tips for Walking by Ellen Perrella" – Wednesday, April 29, 2015, 12:10 - 12:40pm
- “Walk around Lower Lake” – Wednesday, April 29, 12:00 - 12:30 pm AND 5:00 - 5:30 pm
- “Walk from Skinner Hall to Skinner Museum” - Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 11:40 am - 12:00pm (followed by Brown Bag - optional)
FitBit Challenge Drawing Winners Announced!
The drawing for the additional FitBits took place on FRIDAY, APRIL 3, 2015 at 3:00 pm in the Great Room, Blanchard Hall. Thirty one winners were selected during the 'second chance' drawing and will receive the FitBits. Thank you to everyone who participated in the drawing!
SAY BOO TO THE FLU!
Get your Flu shot in October!
Dates: 10/20, 10/21 and 10/22
Place: Blanchard Student Center Room 108
Time: 9:30am to 3:00pm
Appointment needed to guarantee service. Walk-ins as available
Bring your BC/BS Membership card the day you get your flu shot!
Flu Clinics will be open for employees, spouses and dependents insured by BCBS or by any of the following:
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of MA
- Tufts Health Plan
- Harvard Pilgrim
- Fallon Community Health Plans
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of RI
- Medicare Part B
- All Medicare Advantage Plans
Employees who do not have Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts as their medical insurance carrier would pay $23.00 at the time of the clinic. The vendor will accept cash or checks; checks for $23.00 should be made payable to Maxim Health Systems.
The flu shot is administered in the upper arm, please dress appropriately on the day of the clinic so that the upper arm can be exposed.
The new ahealthyme secure website assesses, informs, and tracks what you want about your health—from screenings to weight loss to stress—all from your computer or Smartphone. ahealthyme has been designed to be interactive and fun while helping you reach your personal wellness goals.
Ahealthyme is confidential and open to all employees that have BC/BS of Massachusetts as their medical insurance carrier.
- Health assessments through My Health Tools
- Wellness Workshops. Self-paced, no cost workshops on a wide-range of topics from getting active, to weight loss, to stress management
- Nutrition & Exercise tools to help you stay on track including nutrition and exercise logs, a recipe library and a meal planner
- Monthly newsletter
Wellness Bingo is a program that encourages the completion of healthy behaviors. Complete a “Bingo” (vertical, horizontal, diagonal) and earn a Varsity Duffel Bag with MHC Logo. If you complete more than one row of Bingo you can participate in a raffle of $25 gift cards to Target, Stop & Shop OR Home Depot. Your name will participate in the raffle one time for every extra row of Bingo you complete. To be eligible to win prizes, you need to enroll.
Congratulations to the Winners!!
View the complete list of winners of the Bingo Challenge 2013-2014.
Stay tuned for more initiatives!
Resources for Bingo: