If you need a book from a library on another Five College campus you can use the Request Item function in the Five College Library Catalog to have it delivered to the MHC library.
You can use this service when you find an item, while searching or browsing in the catalog, that you would like to have, but:
- Mount Holyoke does not own it; OR-
- Mount Holyoke owns it, but our copy is already checked out or missing
To use the Request Item service:
- Go to the Full View of the item you want. (click on the item title, if you are in the List View)
- Click the Request Item link (upper left).
- Fill in your library barcode - the long number on the back of your OneCard ID - choose your home library (MHC), and click on Go
You can check on the status of your request by logging back into your Account.
If available, the book will be delivered to the MHC library Circulation Desk within 2 -5 working days. If the item can not be sent, because its use is restricted or it is not available, you will get a notice when placing your request.
NOTE: For items listed as being in the Five College Library Depository, please use the Depository Request Forms