Statistical databases licensed for use at MHC
- Historical Statistics of the United States - quantitative facts of American history
- International Financial Statistics from the IMF - database contains approximately 32,000 time series covering more than 200 countries and areas.
- WISERTrade International trade database which includes 4 U.S. state level export series, U.S. exports and imports by customs district & by individual port, as well as EU, Canadian (by province), Chinese (by province), and Japanese and Taiwanese trade statistics.
- World Development Indicators from the World Bank - statistical data for over 600 development indicators and time series data from 1960-2003 (selected data for 2004) for over 200 countries and 18 country groups.
- Europa World Comparative Statistics
- Inter-university Consortium of Political and Social Research (ICPSR) - approximately 400 social science data sets available via subscription through Univ. of Massachusetts.
Major (publicly available) Web Sites for Statistical Information
- FedStats - US Federal Statistics Locator: a meta-site organized by agency and major topic
- Statistical Abstract of the United States - a compendium of statistical tables from multiple sources
United States Census Data
- Census 2000 Data for Massachusetts
- American FactFinder - Offers prepackaged data products, maps and user-selected data tables and maps from Census 2000, the 1990 Census of Population and Housing, the 1997 Economic Census, and the American Community Survey, hosted by the U.S. Census Bureau.
- United States Historical Census Data Browser -Powerful interactive data tool to examine census figures from 1790-1960, created by the Geostat Center at the University of Virginia Library.
- Historical Census of Population and Housing -Scanned images of the original US Decennial Censuses from 1790 to 2000. Work in progress by the US Census.
Other U.S. Government Sources
- National Center for Health Statistics - from the Center for Disease Control
- Biology/Biotechnology Statistics sources - from the National Library of Medicine, National Center for Biotechnology Information
- Bureau of Labor Statistics - multiple statistical sources for business/industry/labor data