Writing and Citing Tools
- RefWorks - online tool that manages citations and creates bibliographies in over 30 styles; use it all 4 years!
Tutorial - Quickstart-Guide
- Microsoft Office Word 2007 Managing Citations Tool Guide from Florida Gulf Coast University
Style Guides - Citation Styles
- Research and Documentation Online Guide - citation format guides and examples for MLA, Chicago, APA, CSE
- CiteSource - guide for translating print materials into citations (ex: journal in hand and not sure how to cite it?)
- Chicago Style Citation Quick Guide - citation samples for multiple formats from the Chicago Manual of Style.
- A Guide for Writing Research Papers based on Modern Language Association (MLA) Documentation
Prepared by the Humanities Department and the Arthur C. Banks, Jr., Library Capital Community College Hartford, Connecticut
- APA Publication Manual Crib Sheet from the Purdue University online writing lab
- Citing Sources - from Duke University Libraries
- More Style and Citation Guides a list of useful web sites from the International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions
- Paradigm Online Writing Assistant Chuck Guilford, associate professor of English at Boise State University
"an interactive, menu-driven, online writer's guide and handbook"
- Hypertext Writer's Guide University of Victoria
"an introduction to the process of writing and to the study of literature"
- Writer's Handbook The University of Wisconsin-Madison Writing Center
- Guide to Grammar and Style By Jack Lynch
"grammatical rules and explanations, comments on style, and suggestions on usage"
- 501 Grammar And Writing Questions New York : LearningExpress, 1999. netLibrary edition. MHC Campus only
- The Text Doctor Provides links to writing-related reference sources eg. Dictionaries, Grammars, Quotations.
- Guides for Better Science Research and Writing Indiana University Chemistry Library
- English Language Reference from Oxford Reference Online
- Bartleby's English Usage, Style & Composition collection
"contemporary and classic usage guides"
- Glossary of Literary Terms and Handbook of Rhetorical Devices by Robert Harris, (retired) Professor of English at Vanguard University of Southern California in Costa Mesa, California