E-Reserves are available through our online learning management system, Moodle.
To access your E-Reserves:
- login to Moodle
- select your course from list in the center column. If you don't see it there, click on "my courses" under "Navigation" in the left column
To comply with the Fair Use provisions of Copyright Law, E-Reserve readings are only accessible to students registered in the course.
Five College Students:
- Five College students enrolled in an MHC course should login to Moodle once with your home institution username and password.
- Once you have done this, you are in Mount Holyoke's Moodle system and within a few hours will be automatically added to a course once you are offically registered, or you can ask your instructor to add you as "unregistered" until your official registration is finalized.
Search in the Reserves portion of the Library Catalog, by name of the instructor or by course number, etc. to find your readings. Give the call number to the person at the Circulation Desk to retrieve the item for you.
All print reserves materials:
- Circulate for either three hours or two days.
- May be checked out at the Circulation Desk.
- May be checked out one at a time, except for overnight loans.
- Are not renewable.
- Accumulate late fines at the rate of $5.00 for the first hour and $2.00 for every hour thereafter.
The copyright law of the United States [Title 17, United States Code] governs the making of photocopies or other reproduction of copyrighted material. Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research. If electronic transmission of reserve material is used for purposes in excess of what constitutes "fair use", that user may be liable for copyright infringement.