I can help you with:
- library research and collections
- library databases
- EZProxy (remote access)
- MHC Blogs/Commons
- and more!
- Custom instruction classes in library research including introduction to library research at Mount Holyoke, locating scholarly materials, evaluating sources, using specialized databases, effective web tools for research
- Discipline oriented or course-specific library web pages to aide your students' research projects, for example: Philosophy; Religion 332.
- One on one consultations to develop and support the research projects and/or the use of technology tools (including Moodle) in courses
- Development of the library's collection.
- Connections to other LITS services, as needed
- Note: For the 2013-2016 academic years, Janet was serving as Interim Director of Research & Instructional Support. Her liaison roles were assumed by Amber Welch.
Janet has been a Reference Librarian at Mount Holyoke since 1994 and recently added to her duties and her title to become Reference & Integrated Technologies Librarian. From June 1, 2013-Nov.1, 2015, she was serving as the Interim Director of the Research & Instructional Support team. She was previously a research librarian at the National Research Council (National Academy of Sciences/ National Academy of Engineering/ Institute of Medicine) in Washington, DC.