*Serving as Interim Director of Research & Instructional Support*
Liaison areas - assumed by Amber Welch
- Jewish Studies
I can help you with:
- library research and collections
- ella & Moodle
- library databases
- EZProxy (remote access)
- MHC Blogs
- and more!
- Custom instruction classes in library research including introduction to library research at Mount Holyoke, locating scholarly materials, evaluating sources, using specialized databases, effective web tools for research
- Discipline oriented or course-specific library web pages to aide your students' research projects, for example: Philosophy; Religion 332.
- One on one consultations to develop and support the research projects and/or the use of technology tools (including ella) in courses
- Development of the library's collection in liaison areas: select materials and receive requests
- Connections to other LITS services, as needed
- Note: For the 2013-2015 academic years, Janet is serving as Interim Director of Research & Instructional Support. Her liaison role has been assumed by Amber Welch for the duration.
Janet has been a Reference Librarian at Mount Holyoke since 1994 and recently added to her duties and her title to become Reference & Integrated Technologies Librarian. Starting from June 1, 2013, she is also serving as the Interim Director of the Research & Instructional Support team. She was previously a research librarian at the National Research Council (National Academy of Sciences/National Academy of Engineering/Institute of Medicine) in Washington, DC.