Mary Glackin, RIS
- Computer Science
- Geology & Geography
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Neuroscience & Behavior
Can help with
- Mathematical & Computational Software
- Bioinformatics, Genomics & Proteomics
- Electronic portfolio exploration
- Adobe Suite
- MHC Blogs
- and more!
- Support for computationally intensive curricula and research.
- Exploration of reflective and evaluative electronic portfolios for curricular needs.
- Custom instruction classes in research including introduction to library research at Mt. Holyoke, locating scholarly materials, evaluating sources, using discipline specific databases, effective web tools for research.
- Technology workshops including creating a blog, basic video editing, image editing, presentations, using ella tools.
- One on one consultations to develop and support the use of technolgoy tools including ella and web 2.0 tools.
- Development of the library's collection in liaison areas: select materials and receive requests.
- Ph.D., Molecular Biology & Biochemistry, Wesleyan University, 1989.
- Bachelor of Science in Biology, CUNY, College of Staten Island, 1977.
- Mary has worked as an Instructional Technology Consultant at Mount Holyoke since 1997. She was previously a post-doctoral fellow at University of Vermont, College of Medicine researching radiation-induced DNA damage, teaching structural biology, and founding the UVM Molecular Modeling Lab. Mary currently lives in Holyoke near the Connecticut with a ever evolving cast of family, friends, dogs and roses.