Access and Inclusion
Jump to content
Jump to Navigation
You are here
Mary Glackin, RIS
- Geology & Geography
- Mathematics & Statistics
Can help with
- Mathematical & Computational Software
- Bioinformatics, Genomics & Proteomics
- Adobe Suite
- Google Apps
- MHC Blogs
- Chemical structure and modeling software
- and more!
- Support for computationally intensive curricula and research
- Custom instruction classes in research including introduction to library research at Mt. Holyoke, locating scholarly materials, evaluating sources, using discipline specific databases, effective web tools for research.
- Technology workshops including creating a blog, basic video editing, image editing, presentations, using Moodle tools.
- One on one consultations to develop and support the use of technology tools including Moodle, Google apps for education, and web 2.0 tools.
- Development of the library's collection in liaison areas: select materials and receive requests.
- Ph.D., Molecular Biology & Biochemistry, Wesleyan University, 1989. Thesis work in electrostatic modeling of protein-protein, protein-ligand and allosteric interactions. Postdoctoral work in molecular modeling, molecular dynamics, protein-DNA interactions and DNA repair.
- Bachelor of Science in Biology, CUNY, College of Staten Island, 1977.
- Mary has worked as an Instructional Technology Consultant at Mount Holyoke since 1997. She was previously a postdoctoral fellow at University of Vermont, College of Medicine researching and modeling radiation-induced DNA damage, teaching structural biology and protein/DNA chemistry, and founding the UVM Molecular Modeling Lab. Mary currently lives in Holyoke near the Connecticut with a ever evolving cast of family, friends, dogs and roses.
A Member of the