Letter to New Students
On behalf of Library, Information, and Technology Services (LITS), welcome to the Mount Holyoke community!
As you begin your time at Mount Holyoke College, we want to ensure that you have the research support and technology tools that you’ll need to be successful. We hope you’ll take advantage of the special LITS workshops and tours listed in the new student orientation schedule and the many helpful tips, tools, and information listed below and on the LITS website.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Are you connected? Here are some tools to help you get online at MHC:
- Registering Your Computer
- Video on Registering Your New Computer
- Computer Guide and Frequently Asked Questions
- Saving Files to the Network and mapping to network drives
- Stop by the Info Commons or call x2600 if you need more assistance
Want to do some exploring in LITS?
- Hours that the LITS buildings and service desks are open
- Map of the Williston/Miles-Smith/Dwight complex
- Study & meeting rooms - Suggestions for places to meet with a group or do some quiet work on your own
Once classes start, you may need:
- Learn how to use library resources with Research Help and Tools
- Look for books in the Library Catalog
- Get to your syllabus, your course e-reserve readings, etc on Moodle; your professor will provide more details
- Get help finding sources for your papers and projects by contacting a librarian for research assistance
And don't forget, take a break!
- Visit Rao's Coffee in the Library Court
- Stop by the Info Commons and work on a puzzle or play a game
Other MHC Resources
- For New Students
- Alumnae Association
- Center for Global Initiatives
- Counseling Services
- Energy Star EZ Wizard Software Tool (download application) - a program that will enable power management on your monitor in seconds. EZ Wizard will:
- Ask how long you want your system to sit idle before it goes to sleep; you can choose 10, 15, or 20 minutes.
- Ask if you want to be able to see your screen saver before the monitor goes to sleep.
- Turn on the ENERGY STAR features that work with your monitor.
- Health Services
- Living Green at Mount Holyoke
- LyonShare: Rent a car through Fleet Services
- Parking Regulations
- Payroll Information Forms and info. for students working on campus
- Recycling Tips for New Students
- Safe and Sound: a guide to learning safely on campus