The LITS Open House will take place Tuesday, January 19, 2010, from 1:00 to 2:30 pm in the main Reading Room of the library. Look for these great posters:
LITS has helped other people on campus do great things in their teaching and research; here are some success stories.
- Digital Collections at MHC Archives & Special Collections: Where we’ve been, where we are, where we’re going
- Fish Soup, a delicious collection of MHC students’ oral histories inspired by the 2009 Common Read
- Imagining a new space for working with art images and multimedia where the slide room is now.
- Integrating Multimedia Narration in French Culture Seminars
- Learning in the Digital age: Implications of web 2.0 tools in education
- The support of teaching with unique primary source materials—digitized, cataloged, preserved—for use on campus and beyond
LITS can show you how to make better use of campus resources.
- The IC After Dark
- Keep your home computer safe from the Darkside of the Internet
- Learn to Scan and Create Searchable, Readable, and “talking” PDF files. Come “see” and “hear” what technology can do for ella documents.
- Learn about ella and emma, MHC’s collaborative environments for teaching, learning, and project management
- Mount Holyoke College’s New Online Tutorial on the Proper Use of Sources
- Tools for streamlining the writing peer review process, from basic file sharing to entirely web-based sharing and commenting.
Take full advantage of digital tools and resources available at MHC.
- Communications Office Presents Social Media at MHC
- The 5 Colleges are investigating collaboration in software licensing, management, & support—among 2200 faculty, 5300 courses, & 28000 students
- LITS builds custom Web apps!
- LITS On-Demand Video Service for full length film titles in ella.
- A look behind the [SFX/MHLinks] button
- Peer-to-peer student teachers helping faculty and RIS implement new technology in the curriculum
- Ride the Google Wave
- What enables search and retrieval in the library catalog, but remains invisible? Get a behind-the-scenes glimpse from the experts!
LITS is an important part of this community, and we work hard to keep MHC a great place to be.
- Discover LITS as more than Books and Computers—LITS as Place
- Ethnographic interviews of faculty in their natural habitats
- Exploring ways to augment the visitor’s experience of an exhibition of ancient coins, both in the gallery and online.
- Learn about how MHC catalogues and preserves digital content
- Media conversion and duplication support in the MEWS
- Meet the people of Library Technical Services, the behind-the-scenes service everyone depends on, but nobody sees in action.
- Ordering, procuring and processing books and media—find out what happens before they end up in your hands at the circulation desk!
- Print periodicals & E-resources from purchase to availability and access
Five Colleges & Beyond
Off-campus partnerships and visibility in the world are vital to a 21st century institution.
- Communications Office Presents MHC on YouTube
- Decapod: a low-cost, portable, single-unit digitization platform capable of producing high-quality PDFs with OCR’ed text
- 5 College Cross Registration - 5 Colleges, 3 ERPs, and 1 Project
- Join the Conversation on MHC Web Journals: Blogging for the MHC Community
- Showcasing the Smith College Computer Store and some cool, new technology.
- What are people tweeting about the #LITS Open House?