Primary Sources of Women in Medicine and Science
Primary Sources in Mount Holyoke College's Archives and Special Collections:
- Virginia Apgar (1909-1974) - Physician and Anesthesiologist
- Rachel Fuller Brown (1898-1980) - Chemist
- Florence Brugger (1901-1988) - Psychiatric Social Worker
- Cornelia Maria Clapp (1849-1934) - Zoologist and Professor
- Mary Phylinda Dole (1862-1947) - Physician and Weaver
- Lelia Childs Edling (1895-1976) - Nurse and Medical Missionary
- Grace Warner Gray (1941-2001) - Biomedical Research Scientist
- Abby Howe Turner (1875-1957) - Physiologist and Professor
Primary Sources in the Five College Archives and Manuscript Collections:
- View a Bibliography to Primary Resources compiled by the Five College Archivists: download Microsoft Word document
- To browse more archival collections held by the Five Colleges, please search the Five College Archives and Manuscript Collections union database
Films, Books, and Articles
- The National Library of Medicine exhibit website has a comprehensive listing of materials related to women in medicine.
- For lesson plans related to the exhibit.