LITS provides a circulating collection of laptop and media equipment for support of academic and class related projects. Borrowers will be asked to complete a loan agreement accepting responsibility for the safety of the equipment against theft, damage or misuse.
Current students, faculty, and staff with a valid Mount Holyoke College One Card can check out a laptop from the Circulation Desk.
Students may borrow laptops at the Circulation Desk for three hours on a "first come, first served" basis within the LITS complex. For more information please contact the Circulation Desk, located at the entry level of the Williston Library on the north side of the library court, or call x2230.
Faculty and Staff
Media Services has a limited number of Mac and PC laptops available for faculty use. Laptops may be borrowed for classroom use, and on campus presentations. A portable projector may also be borrowed. Use the Equipment Reservation Form to place your request.
As availability permits, laptops may be borrowed for off-campus use under the following guidelines:
- Laptops may be borrowed only by Mount Holyoke College faculty and staff for college work purposes such as making a presentation at a conference or preparing or conducting college business while away from campus.
- We offer laptops configured with a standard set of software including Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and a range of standard Academic software.
- If the laptop is taken on foreign travel, the borrower is responsible for ensuring that the appropriate power conversion adapter is used.
- Those wishing to borrow a laptop for purposes of personal business, work on courses in which they are enrolled as students, or other purposes not directly related to college business or classroom activities or who need equipment for recurring for long term use are encouraged to investigate opportunities to purchase or rent equipment from local computer businesses.
- In the event of special circumstances or hardship, a request to borrow a laptop for long periods of time may be made. These requests will be reviewed by the LITS Advisory Committee, the CIO, and/or the Dean of the Faculty.
Current MHC students, faculty and staff may reserve equipment using the Equipment Reservation Form; sorry, no telephone requests. You will need a Mount Holyoke College ID and you must be in the College's database to book and borrow equipment. Reserve equipment at least three days in advance.
Equipment available for reservation includes:
- CD player
- Digital camera
- Slide projector
- DVD player
- Tape recorder
- Overhead projector
- Portable screen
- Video camera
- Public address system
- Video/data projector
Faculty members who need equipment for long term classroom support should contact Media Resources by phone at x3163.
As availability permits, media equipment may be borrowed under the following guidelines:
- Equipment will be picked up and returned to the Circulation Desk.
- Borrowers assume responsibility for the safety of the equipment against theft, damage, or misuse.
- If the equipment is returned damaged, the borrower will be charged the cost of repair or replacement, whichever is less.
- If the equipment is not returned by the time due, the borrower will be assessed a late fee of $10 per day.