- Call the Help Desk at x2600 (off-campus: 413-538-2600)
- Available 8:30-5:00, Monday through Friday
- Information Commons Technology Help Desk - Walk-in support for assistance with scanning, MS Office and Adobe products.
- Diagnostic Center - Walk-in support for students. We help with viruses, spyware, malware, when computers will not boot, and with some hardware problems.
What LITS supports
The software and hardware supported by the Help Desk and Library, Information, and Technology Services is carefully assessed, constantly evaluated, and chosen to meet the recommendations and needs of the user community. Also taken into consideration are each product's features, compatibility, price, reliability, upgrade path and vendor support.
Departments that desire additional equipment should consult with LITS prior to purchases. You may email helpdesk @mtholyoke.edu with your request and we will have our specialists be in touch.
Staff and Faculty: LITS provides hardware support for MHC owned computers and printers.
Students: we are able to repair physical damage to the computer purchased through the Smith College Computer Store. If the problem is hardware-related and the computer was not purchased through the Smith store, you need to contact the manufacturing company or the company that you have purchased a warranty with. We do not perform repair work on printers.
Students: we can help with viruses, malware, systems that won't boot, and many other software-related issues. You are welcome to bring your computers to the Diagnostic Center (Library rm 422) between the hours of 9:00 a.m - 4:00 p.m. for technical help.
LITS provides assistance with software for the entire MHC community, for work-related issues. Please refer to our Supported Software list for more details.
(Phones & Tablets)
For assistance entering in email settings into your handheld device, you will need to visit the Information Commons in person. Please notify the helpdesk at email@example.com so that we can be sure someone is available when you stop by.
Alternate Repair Solutions
For personally-owned computers:
- UMASS Department of Office and Institutional Technology
- Apple Store in Holyoke Mall
- Green Earth Computers (48 N Pleasant St, Amherst, MA 01002)
- Best Buy (Holyoke Mall & Hampshire Mall)
Mobile Assistance - Can Come To You!
Faculty and staff: for problems with home network or environment, or when transporting the computer is impractical.