LITS strongly recommends you have an up-to-date antivirus software installed on your computer before you connect to the campus network. We offer McAfee Enterprise free of charge via a campus site license.
McAfee is provided free of charge to all MHC students, faculty and staff. You must be on campus to download the McAfee installer.
Please contact the helpdesk at 413-538-2600 if you require a CD or experience problems during installation.
Download the installer
- Win 7 or Win 10 --> Windows Button, type \\ambr\distribution\anti-virus\windows into “search programs and files”, and click enter.
- From the window that appears, drag the folder McAfee_88_2015 to your desktop.
Run the Installer
- Open the new folder on your desktop and double click "SetupVSE". An initial window will appear and a progress bar will take a few moments to complete. If you are presented with warnings, click yes to allow the “unknown publisher” to make changes to the computer.
- If prompted to remove Windows Defender, choose No
- At the Welcome screen, click next
- At the next screen, go to the drop-down at the top left for licensing and select Perpetual from the drop down list
- At the bottom, choose to Accept the agreement and then click OK
- Choose typical from the list and click next
- When prompted if you want Standard protection or Maximum, choose Standard and click next (Important, because “Maximum” blocks windows updates from occurring properly.)
- When the installation finishes, Un-check the box to run the On-Demand and click the finish button
- McAfee will download the newest updates for several minutes. You will need to reboot your computer to finalize