LITS maintains printing in the following areas:
- You will need your Mount Holyoke College One-card to print in LITS Computer Labs.
- Color and Black printers are available in the LITS Information Commons and the MEWS.
- List and locations of the Print Release Stations
- Printers are installed in all residence hall computer labs.
- Students are responsible for providing their own paper.
(Must be clean, new paper! Reused paper will make the printers jam.)
- Toner is not supplied by LITS; please contact the Residential Life office when toner is low or out.
- If the printer is jammed or broken, please inform the Help Desk (x 2600) or place a work order in Trackit.
Departments and Offices
- Paper Jams, connection problems or questions about use -- please inform the Help Desk at x2600
- Hardware problems
- HP brand: Contact the helpdesk
- Kyocera models: call Docusource at the 800 number found on the front of the printer. Have the Equipment ID number ready.
- Xerox MFDs (Multi-Function Devices): call CBS at the 800 number found on the printer. Be ready to provide this information.
- How to install drivers for LITS-provided printers
- LITS does not provide service nor support for ink-jet printers, fax machines or desktop scanners. We always inform departments that they must purchase an outside support plan and extended warranty when purchasing non-LITS-provided devices. If your service and/or warranty period has expired, then we would be happy to assist in looking for a reputable service company. However, please contact us before making any new purchases or paying for outside repairs -- we may have another solution such as the new multi-function devices that print in color and scan documents as well as make copies.
Large Format Poster Printing
Poster printing is now handled by Auxiliary Services
- visit the Auxiliary Services counter at 109 Central Services (where the Card Office is) and bring your digital file
- or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- or call them at extension 3111 for further instructions or information
The Auxiliary Services counter is open during the academic year from 8:30-5:00 pm Monday to Friday. Walk up service is available, but the larger the order the more time may be necessary to complete your request.
The fee for printing is based on $4.00 a square foot for print resolution 1440 and $5.00 a square foot for print resolution 2880.
Posters are printed on genuine archival K3 Epson inks and Epson glossy paper. If the poster has a background color other than white, an additional $5.00 charge is added. All files should be scanned or formatted for 300ppi (pixels per inch) at the desired output size. Files are best saved to the .pdf format.
|Poster Size||Price for 1440 dpi||Price for 2880 dpi|
|24” x 36”||$24.00||$30.00|