Newman's Own Foundation Recording Facility
Funded by a grant from the Newman's Own Foundation, the Recording Facility is located in Miles-Smith 351 and available for reservation and use by the campus community to record audio sessions or to conduct live broadcasts to radio stations.
Directions to Reserve and Use the Recording Facility
- Email requests to reserve the space to firstname.lastname@example.org. Priority for use of the space and equipment is given to "Academic Minute" broadcasts.
- Keys may be picked up at Media Resources (and are required to unlock the sound equipment cabinet).
- It is recommended that the room curtains be drawn during audio sessions to minimize room echo.
- Instructions on using the equipment to record an audio session to a portable flash drive are available here.
- First-time users of the facility should schedule a training session with Media Resources staff: email@example.com or call 413-538-3163.
Questions about the facility's technical capabilities should be directed to Media Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 413-538-3163.