LRC Computer Lab
- 20-seat lab with dual-boot computers (Mac and Windows)
- Access to specialized software, including self-study language software, proofing tools and foreign language keyboards
- Additional tables and chairs for quiet individual and group study
Faculty are encouraged to reserve the lab for class when technology is essential. Use the lab for in-class learning activities, such as pronunciation/phonetics practice and collaborative multimedia projects, or for regular class meeting space.
Multimedia Studios (Rooms 6D, 6E, 6F, 6G)
- Sound-proof multimedia studios with white board, DVD/VHS players, EyeTV (watch or record multiregional media)
- Recommended for oral testing, audio/video recording and editing, Skype interviews
- Seats 1-3 students
Small Group Room (Room 6A)
- Same features as multimedia studios in a larger space (4-6 students), includes wallmounted widescreen TV
- Great private space for tutoring, group projects, Skype video conferences
Lounge (Room 6)
- Comfortable lounge with foreign newspapers (help yourself!) and books (take and return--honor code)
- 18 channels of international cable TV with www.scola.org">http://www.scola.org">SCOLA and the Internet (programming from 80 countries; contact LRC for SCOLA online password)
- Collaborative space with multiple tables and chairs
- The lounge may be reserved for academic activities and/or social functions. Study abroad meetings, tutoring sessions, department meetings and teas, technology seminars, end-of-year gatherings and department at-homes are a few of the recent events held in the LRC lounge.
- Circulation of LRC materials and course reserves (for faculty- or department-owned materials)
- Equipment checkout: headsets/microphones, webcams, pocket video cameras, CD/tape players, mini-DV and VHS video cameras, slide projectors, etc.
- Growing selection of learning materials, including videos, tapes, software, and dictionaries
- LRC student consultants are available to offer support with language-learning strategies and technology for language learning.